In 1979 I visited Chartres Cathedral near Paris and my life was forever changed. Fascinated by the mystic symbolism and inspired by the stained glass I felt like I was sitting inside a jewel box. I was struck by the power that light has to transform space, both in the inner and outer realms. This moment marks the beginning of a life long passion.
My life’s work brings beauty and balance to our lives through creating art, and artful environments. The rhythms and cycles of nature, and the vibrational qualities of light and color are my muse. My work creates a feeling of peace and sanctuary, an oasis for inspiration and introspection. As an artist and feng shui consultant I weave together formal training, life experience and intuitive skills. I believe in power of art to transform, enrich and create healing in our lives.
Designer & Studio Artist, One Cottage St. Easthampton MA. 1991 – present
Currently I’m creating uniques pieces that are custom commissioned by clients locally and globally. Using glass and other supporting materials to explore light, color and reflection, they intrigue, mesmerize and delight! I work closely with each client to create a special piece finely tuned to your needs, desires and environment. Attention to detail and sensitivity to color and design come from 37 years of creatively manifesting ideas into form.
Locally “Waterdance” can be viewed in the Easthampton Savings Bank lobby as a permanent installation and Eileen has exhibited at the wildly popular Art In the Orchard biannual event.
CPIA Consultant, Artfully Home Feng Shui, Easthampton MA. 2009 – present
Feng Shui is an ancient form of holistic healing – healing through the environment. It’s the art of understanding how the energy and feeling in our living & working spaces affects the quality of our lives. Interior Alignment blends the wisdom of 5 element theory and life energies with the clients intentions and goals. By changing the way we think and the environments we inhabit we have the power to improve the quality of our lives.
– CUCT Conscious Uncoupling Certified Coach. 2016
– CPIA Certified Practitioner of Interior Alignment. 2009
– Aura-Soma Practitioner, 2000-2002 Aura-Soma (light body) uses the healing power of color and light vibration in their therapeutic system
– MFA Alfred University, Alfred NY Glass and Sculpture 1989
– Tyler School of Art, Elkins Park PA Special Student 1986-87
– West Glamorgan Institute of Higher Education, Swansea Wales UK. Architectural Glass 1982-84
– BA Bucknell University, Lewisburg PA. Art History and Psychology 1976
– Institute for American Universities. Aix-en-Provence France 1979
– Pilchuck Glass School, Stanwood WA 1994, 1990, 1988, 1986, 1984